Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Vegan Diaries, Day 8: A Very Unexciting Day

I hate to disappoint you all, but nothing exciting happened in the world of veganism today. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. However, I did try a new box of soy milk out today, called "Soy Dream." I don't know about you, but I sure as hell don't dream about soy. And I surely don't dream about this particular brand of soy milk. Tasted like bitter vitamin pills dissolved in water. Makes the Trader Joes' brand taste like pure euphoria.

I also tried my hand at making guacamole today. It was subpar at best... didn't have much of a kick to it. But then again, I didn't really read the recipe and just started throwing stuff into the blender that I figured ought to be in guacamole. If you have any good guacamole recipes, pass them my way, because I'm sure I'll be making this stuff quite a bit in the coming weeks. When your state grows a ton of avocados, you've got to do something with them.

1 comment:

Christie said...

Hey there, I'm newly vegan myself...about 5 days. I do have a recipe for Guacamole...It's not exact (I very seldom measure anything). Depending on how much you want - usually use 1 very large one or a few little ones. Mash them up with a fork. Add some lemon juice (splash), tomatoes (chopped), white or yellow onions (chopped), a little sea salt and cracked pepper, and just a little bit of onion powder. Mix well, and taste. If you want a little more season, just add it little by little.

I hope that helps!